Home insurances serve as protection to home owners from any untoward incidents that might occur. Since theft, fire, leaks and natural calamities occur without warning, it is advisable to insure your home.
However, no matter how beneficial a home insurance is, there are instances that you might want to change providers either because you’re not satisfied with your coverage, or you’re having a hard time paying for the premium.
No matter what’s your reason behind switching insurance providers, there are always alternative options you can choose from. You can find an alternative insurer with HomeownersInsuranceCover.net.
Here are some of the alternative insurances you can avail of in case you’re not satisfied with your current coverage.
- Basic hazard policy
- Protects structure of your home from particular damage types
- Does not cover contents of your home (furniture, appliances, etc.)
- Usually covers your home for the following damages:
- Water damage (broken pipes)
- Natural disasters (wind storms, hail, etc), but might come with an additional fee
- Cheaper than most standard home insurances, but requires the home owner to have savings to cover those not included.
- FAIR plan
- Disaster-prone areas in the US (Florida, California, Louisiana) no longer offer home insurances, making it difficult to insure your house.
- Insurance carriers in the state create a pool that shares the profits or losses from the FAIR plans
- Best used for houses situated in high-risk areas, but is often more expensive
- Home warranty
- Covers particular items inside your houses (appliances, vacuums, ceiling fans, etc.)
- Can also cover systems (electrical, air conditioning, etc.)
- Offers an annual fee lower than an insurance premium with a smaller deductible for repairs
- Covers items the company can’t fix or when a damage is incurred from the repair
- Places the responsibility of repairs, medical bills, lawsuits, etc. solely on the home owner
- Best for homeowners with enough money in their savings account cover all costs related to repair and rebuilding of homes.
Choose what alternative you’d like to avail. Ultimately, the choice is yours to make.